Each of us is special, with differing values, abilities and needs. Although different, we all value the opportunity to belong, reach our goals and actively participate in our community. Because each person served is unique, we assist with creating an individualized plan including agency services and supports – a plan to thrive in the community, connect with resources and achieve personal goals.
Boone County Family Resources was established by the passage of a special property tax levy in 1976. Citizens of Boone County supported this measure to help people with developmental disabilities and their families.
Through a partnership with the Missouri Department of Mental Health services have greatly expanded including:
- Supported Living residential program
- Life & Work Connections vocational and practical living skills development program
- Family & Community Living Support service coordination and purchased supports
Services directly provided by the agency have been nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) since 1985.
Our mission is to effectively and efficiently use agency and other available resources to enable Boone County residents with developmental disabilities to thrive in the community, connect with others and achieve their personal goals.
Philosophy and Beliefs
The citizens of Boone County have entrusted the Boone County Family Resources Board with the responsibility to effectively and efficiently administer available resources to enable Boone County citizens to meet the challenges of developmental disabilities. Every person with a disability has the same rights as any other citizen. When a person with a disability is unable to exercise these rights, individually planned services and supports, recognizing the special role of the family, are essential to meet the unique challenges of his or her developmental disability.
The Board believes that each person is unique, with differing values, abilities and needs. Although different, we all value the opportunity to belong, reach our goals and actively participate in our communities. The Agency assists with creating an individualized plan of care that includes services and supports designed to enable persons to thrive in their community, connect with needed resources and achieve personal goals.
- Individually planned services and supports are essential to assist individuals with developmental disabilities realize their full potential.
- It is necessary to provide the highest quality services and supports to individuals as required by their specific needs.
- It is important for parents, guardians and persons with disabilities to be informed advocates and consumers to ensure greater inclusion in the community.
- That persons receive services in support of access to the greater community through the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs and desires.
- Available resources should be effectively and efficiently administered to support Boone County citizens with developmental disabilities.
Disclosure of Federal Participation (Stevens Amendment)
This web page citation informs the public that programs and services of Boone County Family Resources are funded in part with Federal grant money. Please reference the Annual Report for further financial information.