Our employees receive training and are evaluated on our staff-developed Principles of Teamwork and Guiding Principles. These foundations guide our staff’s actions and attitudes while working for Boone County Family Resources.
Principles of Teamwork
Good Team Members:
- Place team performance before personal success or failure.
- Communicate openly, frequently, and professionally.
- Facilitate two-way communication with other team members.
- Display personal and professional respect towards others.
- Share information and resources which enhance the performance of other members.
- Support the total team goals and decisions.
- Identify problems, give all ideas a fair hearing, and creatively brainstorm solutions.
- Respond to the communicated needs of others.
Employee Guiding Principles
In the course of our service to persons with developmental disabilities, their families, and our community, we will strive to:
- Treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
- Be tolerant of our differences and respectful of each person’s rights.
- Promote a family friendly atmosphere that is flexible, accessible, hospitable, and approachable.
- Empower others toward personal growth, productivity, independence, and responsibility.
- Be impartial, empathetic, kind, helpful, and trustworthy in our interactions and be mindful that one of the most valuable supports we offer is to listen with an open mind.
- Be optimistic, knowledgeable, resourceful, creative, pro-active, and solution-oriented when faced with challenges.
- Be courageous and diligent in identifying opportunities and risks, making informed decisions that reflect prudent judgment.
- Collaborate with clients, community partners and leaders to plan and provide reliable, innovative, high-quality services.
- Recruit and retain ethical people who possess qualities of teamwork, empathy, integrity, honesty, and sound judgment.
- Conduct ourselves in ways that reflect positively on each other and the agency’s efforts to help meet challenges of developmental disabilities.
- Extend to each other the gift of meaningful, fulfilling work by inviting each individual’s unique contributions.