In April, Boone County Family Resources received their accreditation survey from CARF International. CARF awarded the maximum three-year accreditation to BCFR for six services including:
- Community Employment Services (Employment Supports and Job Development)
- Community Integration
- Employee Development Services
- Family Services
- Service Coordination
- Supported Living
An organization receiving a Three-Year Accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process. It has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit its commitment to offering programs and services that are measurable, accountable, and of the highest quality. Quotes from the CARF surveyors included:
- BCFR exhibits an exceptional culture that is filled with the spirit of teamwork, support, and happy staff members.
- It is evident that the staff members have enthusiasm for what they do and for assisting the individuals served. Direct care professionals interviewed have a genuine care and concern for the personal success and overall well-being of every individual served.
- The organization’s funders and the individuals’ guardians/family members were very complementary of BCFR and expressed high satisfaction in services, communications, and reporting. One parent stated that BCFR really listened to his son and was able to help him. BCFR collaborates with many other agencies and always puts the individual’s needs first.
- The staff members are very innovative, are motivated, and welcome change and meet it with excitement rather than viewing it as a challenge.
BCFR is committed to providing quality services and supports to help individuals with disabilities thrive in their communities, connect with others, and achieve their personal goals. The agency recognizes the invaluable contributions made by persons served, their families and friends, and by state and local community partners, and thanks them for their continued support.