BCFR is seeking original, 60-second videos or slideshow submissions based on the topic “I AM Able.” The contest aims to change negative assumptions about people with disabilities and help create inclusive communities for people of all abilities. The videos should include positive images that put a fresh spin on the public’s view of people with developmental disabilities and what they can do in our community. In the spirit of competition, there will be prize money awarded to the top three selected videos/slideshow. Submissions by people with disabilities are especially encouraged.
BCFR will showcase the winning videos throughout the year through various social media outlets and our website to help raise awareness of people with developmental disabilities.
- You must turn in a signed and completed “I AM Able” video contest entry form as well as a Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement for each of the individuals appearing in your video.
- The maximum length for your video or slideshow should be 60 seconds (one minute).
- The file size of the video must be under 100MB and in a file format accepted by YouTube.
- Your video must not contain any copyrighted works (including music, artwork, logos, etc.) other than what is owned by you. Refer to YouTube’s information on copyright.
- Your video entry will become the property of Boone County Family Resources and, if selected as a finalist, will be used at the agency’s discretion to promote disability awareness.
- Employees of Boone County Family Resources are not eligible to win the contest prize money, however, they can assist with the production of a video.
- The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 21, 2014.
Examples of videos
Need some inspiration to get started? Check out these winning videos from a similar contest in New Hampshire.
Contact Sherry Wohlgemuth, Outreach & Referral Coordinator, 573-874-1995, ext. 160.